The Translator Toolbar is a powerhouse of features designed to help professional translators improve their productivity without jeopardizing their quality standards.
- NEW Automatic TM Lookup: Simply point to a segment and Alchemy PBLISHER will automatically search for an exact or similar (fuzzy) match translation suggestion. This automatic lookup is cached so that there is no time-delay incurred when working on server based TM or desktop TM. Translations suggestions are now displayed in the TM Reference panel at the bottom of the Translator Toolbar.
- NEW Difference Highlighter: The difference between the source text and the TM matches are highlighted automatically for professional translators. This saves them time when vetting matches for possible acceptance into their work.
- NEW Re-use Content for virtually any TM provider: Translate Once and Re-Use Forever! We realize that many of our clients work with different TM tools, so we have developed Alchemy PUBLISHER so that it can re-use content from virtually every major TM format used in the industry. ( i.e. Server-based TM ( such as Alchemy LANGUAGE EXCHANGE, SDL TM Server, SDL Idiom) or desktop TM (TTK, PPF, WordFast, GlobalLink TXML, TRADOS TMW, TMX, XLIFF, XML, TXT ). True to our reputation - we never leave a translation behind!
- NEW Automatic Quality Monitoring- Do it Right, Every Time! Translations are monitored as they are typed and are validated for both content-type errors and linguistic-type errors ( e.g. the use of an inconsistent glossary term , misspellings, inconsistent segment translation etc.). This early warning system facilitates prompt error-detection and correction so that translators can guarantee the delivery of higher quality work for their clients first time around. As a result, the company’s products become synoymous with quality, helping them win more business in a highly competitive market.
- NEW Placeholder Management: Alchemy PUBLISHER comes with in-built placeholder management technology . This allows all placeholders ( i.e. Keywords, tags, glossary matches etc.) to be quickly selected and inserted into the target text. Adopting the TRADOS placeholder methods, it also means that professional translators will feel at home working with this aspect of the translation process. Placeholders can also be protected so they cannot be accidentally deleted during the translation process.
- NEW ezType - Quite simply, the fastest way to translate! : Alchemy PUBLISHER 3.0 introduces a new form of translator-assistance technology called ezType. Think predictive text for mobile phones and then map this concept into the translators’ world! ezType monitors the work of the t ranslator and predicts word completions by referencing the original source text and glossary and placeholder suggestions. There is no faster way to enter highly-repetitive text, especially web sites, catalog and eStore type information.
- NEW Keywords: Only translate what needs to be translated (and only pay for it as well!) Most source text contain brand names, measurements, currency amounts, dimensions, marketing brands etc., now these can be defined as Keywords. Once defined, they are protected and are displayed with a blue-underline in the Translator Toolbar. And even better - they are also excluded from word count analysis/costing reports!
- NEW Automatic Glossary Lookups: Alchemy PUBLISHER now supports automatic glossary lookup (both exact and fuzzy). These are displayed in the Translator Toolbar. Suggested translations are available for quick selection using ezType and are also validated for accuracy and consistency using the Automatic Quality Monitoring feature.
- NEW TBX Glossary Documents: Alchemy PUBLISHER introduces support for TBX, the standard for term exchange formats. This is now an integral part of Alchemy PUBLISHER and not only can these document types be used as Glossaries, Alchemy PUBLISHER can also create glossaries in this format.
- NEW Machine Translation: Always get a translation suggestion! : Machine Translation is now built into Alchemy PUBLISHER as an added-value service for professional translators. If no translation match is found for a segment, Alchemy PUBLISHER can be configured to use a web-based Machine Translation service which will present an MT translation to the translator for consideration. (Don't worry; this feature can be switched off for those clients who still have concerns about using MT within their L10N process.)
- NEW Supplementary Glossary Support: Now professional translators can build their own list of supplementary glossary terms. This enables them to capture these as they work and then upload them into a master glossary at the end of the translation process. Supplementary Glossaries can also be edited using our built-in Glossary Editor. This helps translators manage and maintain the quality of their glossaries.
- NEW Concordance Searching: Alchemy PUBLISHER now has a completely new Concordance Engine. This allows both desktop TMs and server-based TMs to be searched for previous translations. The new Condorance Manager also supports virtually all industry TM formats.
- NEW Seamless Connection to Alchemy LANGUAGE EXCHANGE: The Translator Toolbar is now seamlessly connected to Alchemy LANGUAGE EXCHANGE. This is an enterprise server-based TM technology.
- NEW Microsoft Spellcheckers: While Alchemy PUBLISHER includes an internal spell checker technology, we realise that professional translators may opt to use the new connector for MS Word spell checkers - the choice is always yours!