|High Performance Internet Enabled Translation Memory Server
Alchemy Language Exchange is an Internet-enabled, high-performance Translation Memory (TM) database server. Powered by Microsoft SQL Server technology, it is a solution for successful global organizations that require reliable, high performance, flexible, secure and shared access to their linguistic assets.
Alchemy Language Exchange enables organizations to achieve:
- Improved business agility — Alchemy Language Exchange makes it easy to discover and recycle translation in order to quickly adapt localization activity to changing business requirements.
- Reduced translation costs — The success of a cost effective localization process is directly dependent on the efficient reuse of translation assets. Alchemy Language Exchange provides high availability of linguistic assets maximizing re-use and minimizing translations costs.
- Higher quality translation services — A localization operation cannot be successful without consistently high quality and relevant translation services. Alchemy Language Exchange provides the structure and control necessary for centralizing the management of high quality translation memories making them available on-demand to your entire organization.
Alchemy Language Exchange provides a standards-based means for publishing and discovering reusable translation assets. Available as an independent product or integrated with Alchemy CATALYST, this enterprise-class repository allows organizations to easily standardize publishing, discovery, approval and interoperability of translation assets and services.
Want to know more? Please contact us so we can personally review your localization or translation needs. (Click here to organize a personal consultation: info@Alchemysoftware.ie)
Benefits to your Organization
Alchemy Language Exchange is designed to grow with the needs of players involved in the translation supply-chain. As a high-performance enterprise TM repository, it offers the following benefits:
- Shared access via Internet-enabled Translation Memory — share linguistic assets and make them globally available to all players in the translation supply-chain via secure internet access.
- Seamless integration with Alchemy CATALYST — Fit Alchemy Language Exchange easily into your existing localization process.
- Work in parallel - Run common localization tasks in parallel, maximizing your translation and engineering velocity and improving time to market.
- Maximize Translation Recycling — Alchemy Language Exchange makes linguistic assets available to everyone, improving translation reuse and helping to reduce translation costs and project cycles.
- Higher ROI — Higher translation re-use and productivity gains in engineering and testing, coupled with faster release times to international markets makes a rapid return on investment (ROI) a certainty.
- Improved quality and consistency — Centralized translation memories coupled with automated QA language checks ensure translations conform to strict quality criteria.
- Internet-enabled Translation Repository. With its unique WEB 2.0 architecture, users can share translation memories in real-time, greatly enhancing traditional translation processes. Alchemy Language Exchange is built using the very latest high-performance database technologies and offers unrivalled response time over a network connection making your translations available anytime, anyplace, any platform.
- Robustness and reliability. Alchemy Language Exchange is built on the most established relational database technology available today giving it a reliability and robustness unmatched by any other TM system.
- Higher ROI, lower TCO. Productivity gains enabled by the performance of Alchemy Language Exchange allow for a quick return-on-investment (ROI) versus traditional desktop bound TM systems. It provides the flexibility to integrate into all common IT environments, allowing you to leverage your existing IT skills in the Windows world, lowering your total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Integration and automation. The ALEX Web Services Framework simplifies integration with translation workflows and content management systems. This is a web services SDK that enables critical translation processes such as re-use analysis, translation consistency and pre-translation to be fully automated.
- Security of investment. Centralizing Translation Memories within Alchemy Language Exchange ensures maximum re-use of your linguistic assets making them more valuable as they grow over time, securing your investment.
How it works
Translation Memories stored on an Alchemy Language Exchange can be accessed through the Intranet or Internet. Clients connect to the Alchemy Language Exchange using Alchemy CATALYST. Alchemy Language Exchange aggregates the translation work from large pools of translators creating shared Translation Memories. Translator teams can now operate with and maintain extremely large translation memories maximising re-use and minimising translation costs and project cycles.
At the back-end, the Alchemy Language Exchange Management Console allows systems administrators to manage large server installations and many users through a single web based user interface. These account management features coupled with centralized server-based TMs ensures flexible and secure management of all corporate Translations Memories.
- Industrial-Strength Architecture. Alchemy Language Exchange is designed using the latest and most reliable database server technologies that fully meet the demands of large organizations that require scalability, secure Internet connectivity, performance and centralized management of linguistic assets.
- Smooth Migration from Existing Systems. Translations from existing installations of Alchemy CATALYST can be migrated to Alchemy Language Exchange through a comprehensive publishing interface. Additionally, third party translation memories can be uploaded and re-used maintaining your existing investment in translations.
- Automated QA Checks. Monitor the quality and track the progress of translation projects using pre-defined QA checks for translation duplicates and inconsistencies combined with project management reports and statistical analysis of Translation Memories.
- WEB Services Framework. Alchemy Language Exchange comes with the ALEX Web Services Framework which enables high level of business automation, ensuring easy integration into existing workflow (GMS) and content management systems (CMS).
- Languages Supported. Alchemy Language Exchange works with every language combination supported by Alchemy CATALYST. This includes Eastern European, Asian, bi-directional languages as well as Indian languages
Supported software and content formats
- All Microsoft Desktop Development Platforms: 9x, NT, 2000, XP, Win32, Winx64, VISTA, RC, RESX, .NET Binaries(1.x and 2.0), Visual Basic.NET
- Online Help Systems: Doc-2-Help, RoboHelp, MadCap Flare
- Mobile Computing Platforms: Windows CE, Symbian, EPOC
- Java Platforms: J2EE, J2SE, J2ME
- Content Files: HTML (and all derivatives PHP, ASP, JSP), XHTML, XML (including derivative ASP.NET, ASP, JSP and XSL), MS Excel, DITA 1.0
- Databases: All Microsoft DB technologies, Oracle 8/9/10 and IBM DB2